You know what? It’s only 24 days to Sweden Social Web Camp!
First I’ll give you a status update, and then I will ask you for help. It will be a long post, and do at least read the section where I ask for help.
- 200+ participants have registered! Here is a list of some of them.
- All rooms are booked, but there is plenty of camping space. There is still place in the army tents, if you don’t want to bring your own tent.
- Latest day for sign up is 7th of August.
- However… PayPal have temporarily blocked the PayPal account, so you can’t pay right now.Â I am working with them to fix this ASAP. Pretty annoying.
- The agenda is still rather sketchy, as it should according to unconference rules. You will find some topic ideas on the wiki and on the blog by Jens Plan. I love the idea of blogging your ideas already now, so if you feel for it, please do. I will also revise the wiki the topic-page gets more structured.
- Internet will probably be slow… We have a 2mbit ADSL connection, and I am working on upgrading it, but since we are on an island I am not 100% sure we will manage to do that. (There are three more unused copper lines we maybe could use).
- A restaurant will cater to all our food needs. There will also be a kiosk with a selection of snacks, I believe. But if you want something extra, you should bring it. We have access to fridges.
- The latest boat you should catch leaves 18:00 on Friday. That gives us one hour of check in before it all start at 19:00. Arrive earlier if you want, the island is lovely, but I also know that some of you will travel far and can’t make it earlier.
As for sponsors it is going well:
- Valtech will sponsor the barbecue on Friday!
- Mindpark will hand out beer on Friday!
- The Ã˜resund Entrepreneurship Academy is sponsoring the twittering bus from Skåne, so you live there, you will get a free ride!
- Good Old is making sure we will have the fleeting sauna hot and steaming.
- Netport is helping out with army tents.
- UPDATE: Örestad Linux throws in 10000 SEK!
But there are still opportunities to get involved.
- Friday barbecue. Another 10000 SEK would make the Friday barbecue complete!
- Saturday lunch will cost 80 kr/person. The price tag for sponsoring the lunch is approximately 18000 SEK. It would be much appreciated!
- Saturday dinner. This is the main get together. Sponsor whole, 40 000 SEK, or half, 20 000 SEK.
- In between/late night snack. I guess a couple of thousand SEK for sandwiches etc.
- The twittering bus from Stockholm! We have still not solved the twittering bus from Stockholm. A lot of people are planning to take it, though, so I hope we can find a solution. The buss is 17500 SEK to rent.
- “Party”-tents? In case the weather gets bad, I can be handy to have some tents. We have indoor space, but it might get a little crowded, now when we are 200+ participants.
Now you know how things are progressing, and I think we are doing well.
Here is how you can help:
1. Look at the sponsor list and think… :).
- Do you know a potential sponsor?
- Maybe your company can help out?
2. The 2 mbit internet connection could be faster… 🙂
- Do you have great contacts at telecom companies or broad band providers?
- Do you know someone that works with ADSL and now how to quickly plugin the unused copper-wires to the island?
- Do you have access to radio link-equipment, so we can hook up to a fiber on the main land?
- Do you know someone who knows where all fibers in Southern Sweden run?
That’s it for now! Can’t wait to meet you all.